ASD's Outreach Support Services is committed to all children who are deaf and hard of hearing, their families, and service providers, by giving unbiased information on child development, language acquisition, and appropriate intervention to prepare children to reach their fullest potential.
All services are provided at no cost.
Multidisciplinary team evaluations based on the needs of the child, including but not limited to:
Communication options and family preferences will be incorporated into the evaluations.
Early Intervention and Family Education
· Consultants and direct services with families and service providers
· Collaboration with agencies for child and family services
· Participation in Transition, Individual Family Service Plans and Individual Education Plans
· Family support and education through parent advisor services, workshops, and referral to local sources of support
Signing with Families
In the spring of 2013, Arkansas School for the Deaf's Outreach department teamed up with the interpreting department at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock to launch the pilot program, Signing with Families.
Many parents would like to participate in sign language classes but can't attend traditional classes for a variety of reasons. These reasons may include a lack of classes in their area or conflicts with work schedules. Signing with Families allows the sign language students (the parents of deaf or hard of hearing children) and the instructors (students at UALR's interpreting program) to set their own times and participate from any location in Arkansas with high-speed Internet access.
· Resource information, including a lending library
· Professional development in collaboration with other agencies
· Community and Family Sign Classes