Arkansas School the Deaf Statewide Services – L.E.A.P.
Helping deaf and hard of hearing children and students take a LEAP in Language and Education through greater Access and emPowerment.
The LEAP program supports families, providers and professional staff, and schools who have children who are deaf and hard of hearing by providing unbiased services to improve the outcomes and opportunities for strong language development.
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” - Helen Keller
Through collaborative partnerships with various agencies such as Arkansas Hands and Voices, Arkansas First Connections program, Arkansas Department of Health Infant Hearing program, we strive for early identification and appropriate intervention is available throughout Arkansas.
Services available through LEAP
- Professional advisors for families, intervention providers, and schools – Parent Advisor program
- Regional audiology services including pediatric screenings, diagnostic evaluations & management support
- Program development and intervention plan development based upon needs assessment
- Early intervention services provided in the natural environment – including service coordination, diagnostic evaluations, family education, audiological consultation, developmental intervention.
- Equipment loaner bank that includes training and support for the use of the equipment
- Mentoring/coaching for families, providers, and teachers
- Specialized evaluations that include audiological, developmental, psycho-educational, speech-language, American Sign Language development, Auditory and Listening skills
- Deaf mentor program
Dr. Gretchen Cobb - Director of Statewide Outreach
Millicent Callan - Early Childhood Service Coordinator
Linda Hoover – Outreach Early Intervention Specialist
Angela Jones - Outreach Early Intervention Specialist
Melanie Brown - Outreach Educational and Instructional Coordinator